2 Day Junior Cybersecurity Skills Workshop for Ages 10-12 with Capture the Flag (CTF) Competition (New!)
This is a 2-day enrichment program for juniors aged between 10-12 to generate interest in cyber security technologies. It will be a fun and fast paced program where juniors will learn the intricacies of various cyber security technologies such as cryptography, detection of virus/malware and phishing attacks.
The highlights of the course include building a simple cryptographic machine that they can take home. In addition, they will be exposed to an exciting mini-Capture the Flag competition at the end of the second day.
Note that this course is very different from a typical Cyber Wellness workshop as our emphasis is on deeper technical knowledge and skills. The class is ideal for Primary School Students from Primary 4-6.
All participants will be awarded Certificates of Participation. In addition, Certificates of Excellence and medals will be awarded to those who performed well in the CTF.
- Cyber Safety and Threats and Vulnerabilities in the Cyber World
- User Authentication and Password Security
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Project- Build Your Own Physical Cryptographic Machine!
- Dangers of Virus, Malware and Ransomware
- Tricks to Identify Phishing Email
- Mini-Capture the Flag (CTF) Competition
1. Safety and Threats and Vulnerabilities in Cyber World
- Cyber Security Trends
- Threat actors
- System vulnerabilities
- Cyber safety tips
2. User and Password Security
- User and Administrator Roles in Windows machines
- Password security
- Demo on security tool to test password strength
3. Introduction to Cryptographic Technology
- Basics of Binary, Encoding and Hashing
- Cryptography and Keys
End of Day Project- Build Your Own Cryptographic Machine to Take Home!
4. Dangers of Virus and Malware
- Why Virus and Malware are dangerous to your computers
- How to detect and prevent them
5. Tricks with Phishing Email
- Why bad guys use baits
- Checking and detecting phishing emails
6. Mini Capture-the-Flag Competition (CTF)
- 1 hour exciting CTF at the end of Day 2
- Crack challenges related to passwords, cryptography and general cyber security topics
- Medals will be awarded to Top 3 participants